Difference between custom fields and user-defined
In CRM-Express there are 2 types of fields that can be defined by the user.
1. Custom Fields
Custom field properties
● Custom fields can only be of 1 type namely a string.
● Custom fields can be used for grouping, sorting and searching.
● There are only 5 custom fields available per contact
Custom fields are great for fields that you use often and need to be able to group, sort and search on.
2. User-defined fields
User-defined fields properties
● User-defined fields can have one of 4 types namely:
● Date - Can store and display dates
● Image - Can store and display images
● List - Can store and display lists
● Memo - Can store and display any length of characters
● User-defined fields fields cannot be used for grouping, sorting or searching.
● There are no limits to the number of custom fields that can be created
User-defined fields are great for fields that you do not use often or there is not a big need to be able to group, sort and search on.