Tutorial 5 - Creating and adding products
In this lesson we will add some products to the product list
Products can be added to the product list by 2 different methods.
● Import products from a file
● Manually enter product information.
In this tutorial we will look at both.
Importing product information from a file
CRM-Express can currently import product information from a CSV(Comma separated values) file. This file can be generated my a multitude of program e.g. Microsoft Excel or even by typing the details in Notepad.
1. To import a CSV file, click on File then on Import Products and then on CSV Format
The following dialog will be displayed.
2. You can 1 browse to the csv file or 2 type in the name of the file. Click on the Next button and the following page, which contains the CSV fields, will be displayed.
3. You can 1 change the delimiter and click on 2 Next to continue to the next page
3. On this page you can link fields to CRM-Express fields. For our example we will just select the Next button.
4. Click on the Start Import button and the products will be imported.
To view the products after import click on the Maintain Lists option on the main screen and then on Products
The Product Maintenance dialog will then be displayed