Setup - multi-connection to address book
More than one user can connect to the same database from different computers.
Example: You have 2 users that want to share a address book and calendar. Here's how to do it.
1. Install CRM-Express on both computers
2. On the first computer start CRM-Express and proceed to the Open Address Book dialog. Create a new Address book by clicking on the New button below.
3. (1) Enter the name test as the new address book name and use the defaults for the other options.
(2) Make a note of the name of the folder in which the new address book will be created. This will be the folder to share on the network. This is normally under the My Documents Folder
● In the case where CRM-Express is run under the Windows Administrator account, it will be C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\CRM-Express\Addrbooks\test where test is the new name of the address book.
● In the case where CRM-Express is run under a user account e.g. joe then the folder path will be C:\Users\joe\Documents\CRM-Express\Addrbooks\test where test is the new name of the address book.
(3) If you have a problem with a Vista computer browsing on a wireless network, then you can read more about it here.
(4) Click on OK and a new address book will be created.
4. Still on the first computer, start Windows Explorer and browse to the folder in (3) above. Right click on the folder and select Sharing and the following dialog will be displayed. Click on the Share this folder and then on OK and the folder is shared on the network.
Setup - Multi connection to address book
This concludes the setup on the 1st computer.
To setup the 2nd computer, start CRM-Express on the 2nd computer.
5. Click on the Options link and then on Create a link to an existing database
6. Enter the name for the address book, it can be any name so I have chosen test on my second computer for the name.
In the folder field type in or browse to the folder on the 1st computer. Press OK and the setup is complete.
You can now use the address book and calendar from both computers